domingo, outubro 29, 2006

Touching the snow...for the first time

When I arrived to the school, on Saturday, it was already covered in white...However, I decided not to touch the snow at that time because it was very, very cold at 5 o´clock in the morning.
Today, after lunch, it was snowing, so I and Peter decided to went outside for me to enjoy the first contact with the unknown...And it was very nice, despite the fact I was expecting it to be softer. But Peter explained to me that normally it is...We couldn´t do any snow balls, but that was not an excuse not to throw some snow to each other. I felt like a child and it was so good!
After that, we went for a walk to the lake and it was wonderful to look at such a different landscape than the one I had in my mind, before leaving to Trondheim. In fact, for example, the lake was already frozen, so I could walk for a bit there. It was amazing!
I know that for many people that are in the school it is nothing special to be in contact with the snow because they are already used to it. But for me it was my first time enjoying this gift from the sky. Maybe in a couple of months I won´t say the same. However, the moment of joy that I had today will not be forgotten!