quarta-feira, outubro 25, 2006

My first time taking a shower in a kitchen!...

Every time we go fundraising, we look for a place that can give us accommodation for free. This time, an Adventist church, which is also a school, said that we could sleep there. However, there was a detail: it has no shower!
So, my team started to try to find out a place where we could "get clean", but it was useless. By the time we arrived to Trondheim we still didn`t know what to do...But then, the pastor appeared in the school and gave us an idea:"what about if you take a shower in the kitchen?". When we heard that we started laughing, but after he left we decided that it was the only choice we had...
Basically what we do is that we close the kitchen`s door and we use the hose, to wash the dishes, as a shower . However, we have to be careful not to flood the place which, sometimes, can be a little bit complicated. To try to avoid that, we use a mop while we are showering. So, for example, I wash my hair and then I mop and so on...A movie as you might guess and I am already doing that for almost two weeks!
In other words, here in Trondheim, taking a shower is not similar to have a moment of pure relax. It is an adventure that we decided to take, only not to feel bad with our smell.
I miss my room and my shower so much that it is not possible to imagine!