segunda-feira, agosto 21, 2006

My First Time Baking Bread

I wanted to know how to bake bread for a long time, but the opportunity never appeared. However, last Sunday Barbora said that she was going to do it and asked if we wanted to learn how to bake it.
Me and Peter accepted the challenge as well as Raquel. Barbora started telling us what the ingredients that we had to use were and also the quantities. After that, it was time to put hands at work!
The fact that the school has a baking machine helped us a lot because we could save some time. After mixing all the ingredients we started learning how to shape the rowels. It was a little bit difficult to get the technique, but after a while we were managing ok. Then, we put the rowels in the oven and we waited for one hour, more or less. In the end, the rowels were with a nice colour and asking to be eaten! We tasted it and they were really good.
If I think that it was the first time for me and my friends to bake bread, I can say that we did a good job. We worked as a team and we baked bread for everyone in this school, something that is the base of what we should eat to have a healthy life.