terça-feira, agosto 08, 2006

My first day at HornsjØ (Norway)

In the 7th August, me, Peter, Andrzej and Roman finished our GAIA and started our trip to Norway. We were conscious that it was going to take a long time to arrive there. In fact, we had to sleep at Stansted airport, but only for a couple of hours. After arriving in Norway we had to take a bus and then a train to Lillehammer. When we got there, Henk was already waiting for us. We were tired and hungry, just wanting to arrive at the school. Even so, first we went to the supermarket and I could have a general idea of the prices that are charged. They are so expensive!
The road from Lilehhamer to our school is surrounded by a breath taken landscape. The lake is simply wonderful! But then we face a problem. When we were driving up the mountain, the car started to “complain”. We had to stop and check what was going wrong with it because it was overheating. However, nobody knew how to resolve the problem and we decided to keep going, hoping for the best to come.
Civilization was now behind and the sheep, many of them in the middle of the road, were the only company we had. Finally, we arrived to Hornjo! We put our bags in our rooms and Lenka made us a guided tour around the school. The first thing I thought was: I am going to get lost here!
After seeing the school, we went to see its surroundings. Needless is to say that we are very lucky for having as neighbours mountains, trees and a lake which was our next stop. There we took some group pictures to remember later and everyone was excited with the possibility to go canoeing. Maybe next time!
When we arrived to the school it was already time for dinner. I was tired and I had a lot of new information in my head as well as new faces and names to memorize. I knew, by that time, that my life was about to change.