quarta-feira, agosto 23, 2006

My First Time Working in the Hotel

It might seem strange in a way, but I always wanted to know how it is to be a waitress.
Yesterday I started working in the hotel and my first job was to serve dinner to the guests. I can say that it was not a bad experience. In the beginning, I was a little bit nervous because I had never done it before in my life. However, when I started working that feeling disappeared. The only thing I wanted was to do a good job, so that the guests would be satisfied.
I had only one table for ten people and I can say that they where nice to me. In fact, when one of the girls knew that I am Portuguese, she was really interested in talking with me. That made me feel good because I love to communicate with people.
Today morning it was time to have another experience: to clean the rooms. I must say that I really didn`t like doing that, for many reasons. It is boring, physically tiring and I don`t have the opportunity to speak with new people.
The two jobs that I carried out in the hotel were completely different, but I can say that they were important for my life. First, I learnt new skills and also I feel that I am more enriched now. In fact, I understood, in my flesh, how difficult these jobs can me and how important it is to respect the people who do them.